I wanted to get into excavating more this summer and I was thinking of getting a tandem dump truck and trailer and an excavator I had a 9020B in mind with a thumb for demo and I was wondering could a tandem haul a 15 ton machine on a pintle hitch trailer and are 9020Bs a good machine
Yes you should be able to move that 9020 fine. Not a bad little machine with a cummins in it. It would be my second choice in this size class..
what is JD or cat your preference
I'm not too impressed with any of cat's smaller machines. Thoe I can't speak for the brand new stuff. Even thoe there is not much BIG differences between the 490,120, and 120CLC, I still prefer the 490E machines. But now a days its hard to find a good used 490E. It will all just boil down what you feel like is a good machine and for the price.
Put 7000 plus hours on my 9020B has 9700 hours now has made alot of money ,few little problems but good machine.tried couple other name brand machines to replace it but they couldnt dig any more feet per hour than mine.Went up to a 210LC-9 to get 200 more feet an hour