Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

ex58mU oil pressure alarm & light

Gomanawa ยท 2025-03-31 00:11

An intermittent but also persistent problem. The alarm sounds after a small amount of work but the machine functions normally. Turned off and wait for 2 minutes then a restart is fine, so too is working for a while but it alarms again. Most recently I discovered I could trigger the alarm by slewing, or lifting the boom. Dropping it down again stopped the alarm. Tried this a few times, same thing, then worked until the alarm came on 'permanently'. Is it a low or a high pressure alarm? I wonder if I need to replace a suction, or a return filter? Great little diggers, seems no other machine has its versatility and high lift.

Replies1
  1. #1Diesel Dave2025-03-31 09:13

    Can you post a picture of the indicator light that is on ? I believe the alarm you are hearing is related to the auto boom stop system. The Deere bookstore has a free operators manual for a EX33mu (see link below).The auto boom stop system functions the same as a EX58mu. https://www.johndeeretechinfo.com/search?p0=model&p0_v=EX33MU&pattr=p0 .