Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

EX60-2 throttle servo noise

mutti_wilson ยท 2021-02-27 20:50

I just rigged up a bell rank so my throttle motor now works with my engine swapped excavator and when turning the key off the servo motor jumps. It's like it's bouncing off a stop before hitting a limit switch. Am I on the right track?

Replies3
  1. #1mutti_wilson2021-02-28 00:26

    At the end of the video clip it does stop pulsing. I feel like it stressing some component. I'm doing everything by myself so I'm not able to see what's happening at the motor when I turn the key off. I'm going to readjust it per the manual to see if that changes anything. The whole reason for the bellcrank assembly is the Kubota engine's throttle lever is opposite of the Nissan engine that it replaced. The stroke of the cable and the Kubota throttle lever are almost the same so it all worked out pretty well.

  2. #2uffex2021-02-28 03:51

    Good day Multi It appears like the sensors on the motor do not comply with the adjustment. Kind regards Uffex

  3. #3mutti_wilson2021-03-05 02:43

    I figured it out. The computer gets a signal from the EC sensor on the stepper motor 2.5 volts at idle and 4.5 volts at full power. It sets the range based on the full power throttle stop and where the shutoff position is. I had to adjust the cables way out of spec to get the voltages in a range where it could self adjust. The joys of having a non standard engine. It was trying to get to it's shutoff setting and was just tugging on the arm. I also had to built a throttle stop setup. It's working perfectly now.