Installed new final drive on left side & new o-rings & seals the the control valves in the cab, just the O-rings and seal at the very top where the plungers are. Moved the machine yesterday to try things out & it tracks to the left side going forward, not bad but enough you have to keep making adjustments with the right side to go straight, with both travel levers fully engaged. Not sure where to start looking for the problem. Robert, in Arkansas
Does it happen in forward and reverse Does it happen in both rabbit and turtle mode Did you adjust both track tensions the same Did you replace the Sprocket with the final drive Why did you replace the final initially
Yes, it happens in forward and reverse. Haven’t tried it in rabbit mode yet, I’ll have to check that out. Yes, track tension adjusted same on both sides. No, old sprocket placed back on new drive to keep sprocket ware the same on both sides. Outer bearing went out on the outside part of the final drive, one of the bearing behind the three small gears. Pulled the outside cover off as drive was making different noise sound. Checked to see about getting the Hy-dash drive rebuilt, was told it would cost about the same as getting one already built & ready to go. Hydraulic motor comes with the new final drive on this machine. All hoses, connections placed back like they came off. Replaced the case drain short steel short line as the threads on the steel line was distorted some, so I replaced the one line. The only other thing done to machine at this time was to replace the o-rings & seals in the upper part of the cab controller on both sides as they leaked a small amount of hyd. oil out on the cab floor. Took the plungers out one at a time, replaced seal & o-ring & placed back in same position as it came out, 4 on each side. I noticed it felt like the left swing motion was a bit slower than before replacing the seals & o-ring. Everything else seemed to work fine. Robert
Was there a tracking issue with the old final. If not the relief could need adjustment If yes, could be an issue with pump output as each track has its own pump
No tracking issue with the old final. Not sure where the relief for left side travel is located. Are they on the main pump, behind the engine, or else where. Also how do I determine which pump drives which side. Main pump pressures were checked when I bought the machine 2 years ago. Haven’t been checked since then. I was also wondering where to find and check overload relief valve, as you can stall the engine if you load the bucket coming in and lifting up in extreme hard ground or pulling on a stump hard. Any advise is appreciated. Not real sharp on hydraulic valves, etc. Most everything else I can handle on my own. Robert
The reliefs are on the motor it's self. To adjust you need to pin the tracks and run the motor over relief with a gauge installed into the test port. I think the p1 pump (the one closest to the engine) runs the right track and p2 runs left. As far as the stall issue goes that's usually more to do with the engine. Possibly needs a service and an a adjustment. There is one main relief for the control valve and you would check that with a gauge on pump and run the boom over relief. Might also have a failing proportional solenoid valve on the pumps.
Just to be clear, we are talking about installing a test gauge on the travel motor itself & not on the main pumps P1 & P2. When you speak of engine service, your talking about filter service, valve adjustment, & injector pump. I installed a mew fuel pump, last year, & took the injector pump off and had it redone at Arkansas Injector, they said there was not any real issues with the old pump, but rebuilt & installed new gadgets & seals. Haven’t checked valve adjustment since I bought the machine, but service the filters every 250 hrs., including hyd. filter in tank. I have a service manual for this machine, just a little hard to understand parts of it & not many pictures of what’s it speaks about.
Was the new drive drive that you fitted new original, aftermarket or second hand. Some aftermarket ones I have seen fitted had a slightly different speed to original ones.
I just looked at my paper work & it’s stated new final drive. My old drive was made by Hy-Dash, which I am told have not been available for several years now. I purchased the new drive from Surplus Industrial Supply (Ohio) but the motor came from (Palozzo Crane) out of Rancho Cucamonga, CA I am going out now to check if the new motor will spin the track under pressure (loaded) and see what happens. Spoke to the supplier of the motor, he is checking their paper work to assure they shipped the correct motor for my serial # YPU2326
Yes the test port will be in the travel motor. The fuel and air filters would be the first thing I would check for a low power issue and move from there. Are you able to read your monitor
This machine 1998 SK130LC Mark IV serial YPU 2326 does not have any electronics, monitor, computer, just a few relays above the heater cabinet. I contacted the supplier today & explained the travel problem to them. Gave them my old motor info. They checked the flow specs against the new motor I purchased. Turns out there is a 12% difference between their specs and Kobelco HyDash motor specs. According to them the Hy-Dash motors are not available or sold any longer. They sent me the only motor available that would fit my trackhoe. Looks like the only solution would be to upgrade the right side motor. They say no damage would occur using the machine the way it is. I guess I’ll get the pressures on pump 1 & 2 checked to assure they are the same. They stated if the pressures are different it could effect travel speed.
Install pressure gauge to a1 port for right travel measurement....pressure gauge to a2 port for left travel measurement. Pressure Adjustment by TR1 & TR2 relief valves on main control valve.
Hey, thanks a lot for the photos of locations, that helps a bunch. My service & repair manual does not shot any diagrams this clear. Wish it did. Just wondering what type of manual shows this type of clarity.