Hi all. I was putting diesel in the machine this evening. I started the digger and moved it a few metres, then switched it off, removed the key and left the machine for about an hour. When I returned I noticed the dash lights, battery and oil pressure, along with several of the the green mode lights were on, key still not in the ignition. I put the key in the ignition, switched it to the on position then back to off position, all lights went off. Machine started up fine after that and ran away fine, with no lights coming back on while I was driving it. Any thoughts on what it could be? Faulty ignition switch? I disconnected the battery for tonight anyways, just in case. Many thanks
Battery disconnect switch hung up just a bit. Most of the time when that happens you can tap on the cover of the disconnect once or twice with a wrench and the switch will drop out.
Thanks for the speedy reply John. Would that cause the dash lights to stay on ya? I’ll have a look at it tomorrow and see what sort of shape it’s in, new one might be needed. Thanks again
Somewhere on this forum I have a tutorial about cleaning and repairing the disconnect switch. I haven't been able to locate it. You can remove the top cover and clean out the insides.