Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

EX60 swing motor/device

Granite products · 2024-02-05 17:18

Hi does anyone have shop manual for a straight EX60 swing motor/device. Had an employee take it apart a put new seals in it and now it does not work at all. He no longer works for me just didn’t show up to work. I took it apart and not sure what he did wrong, I think he put in the washer springs incorrectly as the splined holder has heavy scratches on it. Search the web but no luck. Thanks in advance.

Replies10
  1. #1Diesel Dave2024-02-06 00:05

    Welcome to HEF Gp . Did the engine lug down at all when trying to swing ?

  2. #2Vetech632024-02-06 07:41

    Hmm.....let me guess. Was he under 30 yrs old?

  3. #3uffex2024-02-06 09:33

    Good day Dash 3 may help. Kind regards Uffex

  4. #4Granite products2024-02-06 15:32

    It was leaking oil so we replaced all the seals. Now it does nothing.

  5. #5Granite products2024-02-06 15:38

    I think he put this retainer in wrong that’s why there are those deep scratches. Does anyone know if you buy just that part?

  6. #6Diesel Dave2024-02-06 18:13

    I suspect the plate (key #4B in screenshot) got out of position when assembling . It’s an easy mistake to make ,I have done it. Look on the back side of the plate for an indent where the locating dowel made contact . The damage to retainer / holder key #7B doesn't look fresh , but should change it and the plate key #7 if available part # 0329605 . Link to parts breakdown https://avspare.com/catalog/hitachi/107:ex60/b78d276b-5ec6-415d-bac6-2ac6fb21b16a/ . .

  7. #7Granite products2024-02-07 17:20

    Thanks for parts break down. During installation of the block cylinder does it need to be indexed the case and then the plate indexed to it?

  8. #8Granite products2024-02-07 17:23

    No but he acted like one, took some tools with him and $400 I lent him so he could pay his rent then used his fuel card and purchased gas after he did not show...typical piece of poop

  9. #9Diesel Dave2024-02-07 22:59

    Put some grease on the back side of the valve plate 4B so it will stay in place on the motor head when installing the head to the motor case.

  10. #10Granite products2024-02-08 00:04

    Ok. Thanks