Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

EX60 URG Help!

atk_nut ยท 2008-06-25 17:47

I finally broke one. A track that is. Can anybody suggest the best place to get replacements on the west coast of Canada? Can you tell me what the size is? width x pitch x links? Thanks.

Replies19
  1. #1w2bstoned2008-06-25 19:44

    I take that you have rubber tracks?:beatsme

  2. #2atk_nut2008-06-25 20:09

    Yes. I got into a bit of sand/rock mix and took up a stone into the sprocket. The tracks weren't great but the weakest link obviously. It only tore the outside. Anybody ever have success with stitching as a temporary measure?

  3. #3lakeside2008-06-25 21:15

    Track width - Measure the width of the track (in millimeters). Pitch - Measure the distance from the center of one link to the center of the next link (in millimeters). Number of pins - Count the number of links or lugs around the full length of the track. i got replacement rubber for my komatsu 35 from vancouver.. overnight... easy to deal with people http://www.dyneindustries.com/

  4. #4lakeside2008-06-25 21:18

    450w x 81W x 72L this might be yours??? I think

  5. #5atk_nut2008-06-26 01:47

    Anybody ever do a temp repair? I was thinking maybe bolting a hinge on the inside with a plate on the outside with some carriage bolts. It might get me through until I can get some new tracks. I just have a bit more work to do around the farm. Thanks.

  6. #6CM19952008-06-26 07:13

    Welcome to the Forums lakeside!:drinkup

  7. #7CM19952008-06-26 07:32

    atk_nut - How deep and how wide is the cut in the track? I have cut many a tracks on the outside edge and got a few more hours out of them before failure. As far as a temp. fix, to my knowledge there is not one. If I have a rubber track that is getting close to biting the dust, I make sure the local supplier has a set ready and I run the tracks to failure. There's a lot of stress on a set of rubber tracks, twisting and turning, that once the integrity of the track is compromised (by a severe tear, broke band, missing T bone) the whole track has failed - it's usually just a matter of time.

  8. #8dirthog2008-06-26 10:04

    track repair You can drill some holes in the track and stich it back with some cable and clamps have done it several times to get a machine out of a bind just remember that it is a temporary fix at best be easy on it

  9. #9atk_nut2008-06-26 11:02

    The tracks I have are actually 36 links by 162(roughly) pitch. They engage on every second tooth on the sprocket. Is that how they usually are?

  10. #10SouthOnBeach2008-06-26 14:39

    I forget what the exact size our EX50URG took. The orginals were every other tooth. The new ones we got are every tooth, seems to ride smother too. So take 36 x 2 = 72 162 / 2 = 81 the replacements are a little tight puttting on but is you pop the drive sprokets off to help assiste gettin them on it really helps. I can go into more detail if needed.

  11. #11atk_nut2008-06-26 15:00

    OK, I've checked around and it looks like the best deal I can get is from Radmiester in CA for $2590. The only issue is that they are 400mm, not 450mm. (for an EX58/EX55) They are 72 links and 81mm pitch. My local guy want's $2400 for each track. Dealer wants $4500 for each track. Any repercussions for using a narrower one? Thanks.

  12. #12atk_nut2008-06-26 15:09

    Sorry, that's $2590 for a PAIR as opposed to $2400 for one.

  13. #13atk_nut2008-06-26 18:11

    Sorry, no go. I just phoned and those are a 72.5mm pitch track. I need 81. Still looking I guess. Maybe the local guy is the best price?

  14. #14trucker12008-06-26 18:26

    Had an extensive discussion on where to buy replacement tracks about a year ago under compact excavators, check it out. George

  15. #15ncbschzzt2008-06-27 10:04

    do you have a -5 or is it a straighty ex60

  16. #16atk_nut2008-06-27 10:49

    It's an EX60URG grey market. Early 90's.

  17. #17SouthOnBeach2008-06-27 21:21

    http://www.rubbertrax.com/ is where we got our tracks for our EX50URG. I think they might even take the same size. Had good prices and so far they have held up well. Shipping might kill ya though from them.

  18. #18w2bstoned2008-06-29 07:59

    how did you make out?

  19. #19atk_nut2008-07-03 23:28

    Well after extensive searching. The cheapest was $2400 from the local guy in Vancouver - Dyne Industries. I ordered one at 2:00pm yesterday and had it installed by 1:00pm today. Not bad. I'll have to build up some more $$$ to order the next one!