Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

EX60URG Engine and hydraulic oil

Pooleddie ยท 2015-10-04 20:17

Hi there. I have a Hitachi EX60URG which I want to service, but I have no manual advising me of what type oil should be used in the engine and hydraulic system. Does anyone have a manual with the information or know it off hand? I had read in another post that 42w should be used for the hydraulics. Can this be confirmed?

Replies9
  1. #1Nige2015-10-05 04:50

    Engine should be fairly simple either 10W30 or 15W40 meeting API spec CI-4 or higher. On hydraulic systems the larger Hitachis I've come across always needed ashless (zinc-free) hydraulic oil. Most common hydraulic oils use about 500ppm of zinc as part of the additive package therefore would not be suitable. Hitachi sell their own 46HN hydraulic oil which of course meets the requirement. See here ....... https://www.hitachicm.com/global/ourbusiness/parts/hydraulic-oils/ For a discussion on hydraulic oil for Hitachi this is an old thread but the information on it is still valid I think. HeavyEquipmentForums

  2. #2cps2015-10-05 08:17

    Hi There, 15w40 engine oil and 46 hyd oil should be fine! If you send me an email address i should have a maintenance manual for it! Aiden

  3. #3Nige2015-10-05 08:51

    So long as the 46 hydraulic oil is ashless it will be fine, not otherwise.

  4. #4Pooleddie2015-10-05 12:59

    Hi Aiden, A Maintenance manual would be most appreciated. My email address is [email protected] . Cheers Edd

  5. #5Pooleddie2015-10-05 13:05

    Folks, Thanks for your input. Most Helpful. Cheers Edd

  6. #6jmt19752016-02-29 13:09

    Aiden or Edd, I would greatly appreciate a copy of any manuals for the EX60-URG. I've been in search of these for a while with no real luck. my email is [email protected] thanks! -Jeremy

  7. #7Pooleddie2016-03-01 09:32

    Jeremy, Unfortunately Aiden never got back to me with the service manual. I bought a parts manual for the machine but it does only show illustrations and part numbers. I ended up servicing the machine myself which was no big deal. Is there anything specifically that you are trying to find out? Cheers Edd

  8. #8jmt19752016-03-01 12:35

    Edd, I'm trying to find electrical & hydraulic system info. I do most all work on the machine myself as well, and another guy in my little company. Seems not many people around here will mess with these little diggers.

  9. #9Pooleddie2016-03-01 15:28

    Jeremy, A electrical and hydraulic schematic would go along way. Unfortunately that is something that i wouldn't mind myself. The parts drawing i have do have pictures of the part layouts but not the schematic of the full system. If i do come across one i will send you a copy as i can understand you may be as frustrated as i am when i cant find the info i want. Edd