Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat x325 hydraulics

Ego7 ยท 2015-10-04 21:38

Recently purchased a x325-- late 90's model. Did not have drives and had many leeks. All back together and now after running for 15-20 min. Pilot controls/ joy sticks get very stiff, like pressure build up in the system. I assume it's a stuck pressure relief valve, but have no idea which one it is or where to begin to confirm this. Any ideas?? Thanks in advance

Replies2
  1. #1willie592015-10-04 22:29

    Welcome to HEF Ego7. :drinkup I don't have the manual for an X325 so I can't offer any specific information. But unless someone can offer something else, I can only say that most Bobcat excavators have a manifold block that has a pressure reducing valve to provide low pressure oil to the pilot circuit which includes the joystick valves. I have no idea where it would be located on your machine, but most Bobcat excavators have a round black accumulator (a little larger than a baseball) mounted to that manifold, maybe that would help you identifying the pressure reducing manifold.

  2. #2Ego72015-10-05 11:14

    Much appreciated. I did have the accumulator off and apart. Seems to be working properly. I've read there may be a hydraulic return inline filter somewhere. Need to determine and locate this