Where are the lube points for this machine on the undercarriage? The only fitting I can find is for tensioning the track. How can I lube the rollers (or can I), the front wheel, sprocket? Thanks.
On an EX50URG its all sealed and lubed for life. I'm gonna take a big guess that an EX60URG is going to be the same. You can get crazy and pull the little plugs out of the rollers, add oil if you really feel the need too. But if you're leeking oil out, you're seals are goin, which means somethings woren or tore up, which means you should look at replacing it in the near future.
Ok, that's what I thought. How about the travel motors? Do they need any service? ie oil? Or does the hydraulic oil keep them lubed?
The finals or travel motor should have a plug on the outside to check the level and how clean the oil is. This oil should be changed periodically per manufacture spec.
What kind of oil does it take?
Can anybody help me? What type of oil, and how do you check the final drives?
there should be a plug that a ratchet or breaker bar "nub" will fit in on either drive. Look at the back of the dozer and where the drive housing is should be the plug. stick the ratchet or breaker in without a socket and spin her out. not really for sure on the "nub" thing may have a square head to turn with a wrench or a regular hex head The pic is from a Cat D6 Hope this helps.
Mine doesn't look anything like that. It's more like:
Ok, worth a shot anyway i Guess. I'm more familiar with cats. hope it works out if i find anything though will let you know.
The center plug is the oil level and also where you fill them up. You have to rotate the track until the drain is out the bottom. When you take them out besure to reseal the threads or you might end up with water in the oil.
So what kind of oil?
Gear oil. I believe that it is 90 wt. I would check your manual or dealer for specific spec though
It is just 90 wt gear oil. I just bought an EX60URG and had it serviced - changed all of the filters and fluids (except for the hydraulic fluid and filter, since that looked ok).
You know I don't think I have ever checked or changed mine I better add that my list of things for maintaince. I know I'v changed all the other oils I think. Just never crossed my mind to change the final drives.