Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

fixing thrown track on kubota

videoeic ยท 2008-04-17 11:25

Yesterday I threw a rubber track on my Kubota 91-2, I'm trying to put it back on and removed the grease fitting and am trying to push the idler back but it wont budge. I have a heavy duty ratchet strap wrapped around the idler trying to move it, but nothing. Any suggestions? Thanks John

Replies4
  1. #1humboldt deere2008-04-17 12:04

    you have to remove the bolt that the zerk is in, lift the track off the ground and the weight of the track should run the idler back in. use a big bar to run the track on while some body slowly runs the track forward and it should jump back on.

  2. #2greywynd2008-04-17 12:40

    Yes, the bolt the zerk is in acts like a check valve. It needs to be removed. I would suggest you release any extra tension on the idler when you do it, or you may end up wearing a big gob of grease!!

  3. #3videoeic2008-04-17 20:50

    Thanks Worked!

  4. #4AtlasRob2008-04-18 14:46

    Ok Ye, but you forgot the pictures :Banghead