I have a UHo83 excavator it seems like it’s running out of fuel. I have change the fuel filter, drained all the fuel out and started over the hand pump seems to take quite a while to prime the filter. Does anybody know it does the hand pump and the fuel pump for the engine do they operate together? The only fuel pump that I can possibly see is on the right side of the injection pump. I called the dealers and they really don’t seem to know either. I hope there’s somebody out there that knows thank you.
No experience with the machine, but engines are common. Post a pic of your fuel pump, maybe we can help that way.
Welcome to HEF Mike . On the inlet fitting at the fuel pump (mounted to the injection pump) there should be a banjo bolt with a small screen inside of it. That screen is likely plugged. The banjo bolt screen is mentioned in many threads here at HEF but most recent memory in the UH122 thread below. Post 141 and 160 Hitachi UH122 Along with this thread: D65S-6 I also have the opportunity to get a Hitachi UH122 The pins, bushings & rails look to be in quite good shape. Almost like a new UC was installed and then it didn't get much use. I have no idea why it was parked, but it has been sitting for ~25 years. Anyone... HeavyEquipmentForums
That little banjo bolt gets forgotten so much.