Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Excavator 320D starting timer or something

Nwufor · 2024-01-31 05:49

Good day....I wonder why a newly imported excavator 320D doesn't start until after 2pm ...it wouldn't start in the morning but as soon as it's 2pm it starts...how can I deactivate this pls.

Replies8
  1. #1ahart2024-02-02 19:10

    Serial number please. Also, do you have access to Cat ET?

  2. #2Nige2024-02-02 19:12

    This one.? Similar question posted on another thread.

  3. #3Nwufor2024-02-04 17:15

    Pr Problem not solved please

  4. #4Nwufor2024-02-04 17:16

    P Problem not solved please

  5. #5ahart2024-02-04 18:16

    Problem isn’t going to be solved by me, no service information for the serial number provided. I would start looking for a GPS device that’s connected to the starter wire possibly. There’s also the possibility it has a machine security system activated and is programmed to behave the way it is. That won’t be able to be confirmed without ET software being hooked up.

  6. #6Nige2024-02-04 19:01

    I think that's what it has. If it's moved West from somewhere in the Orient to Cameroon, West Africa and the former owner had the MSS set up to only allow a machine start between (say) 7:00am and 5:00pm local time, then the "World Clock" time difference of 7 hours between the two countries would not permit a start in W Africa until 2pm.

  7. #7Nige2024-02-06 12:40

    The World market equivalent for a grey market SNS-prefix machine is either FAL or MCH. Based on my earlier comments I think the issue is related to "Security System Bypass Times" and because the new owner does NOT have the YELLOW electronic key shown below for the machine it won't fire up outside the programmed hours. See the attachment.

  8. #8Joe H2024-02-06 12:53

    This is definitely a "Learned something new today" moment. Joe H