Hello all! Being a spare parts merchant in the middle east specialized in hydraulic breaker attachments for excavators as well as the breaker spare parts comes with many difficulties. The middle eastern market for hydraulic earth moving equipment is a very uneducated sector among the many industries that exist in this part of the world. Furthermore, the working force and personnel which are involved in this industry are also very uneducated. For example, excavator operators do not undergo any kind of actual training and lack any kind of official qualification/licensing to operate such machines. They are frequently men who have been introduced to the skill-trade of operating such large and powerful machinery by their peers or fathers and have gained experience operating the machine through trial and error, or through frequent observation by co-piloting from in the cockpit. Most machines are older models which are outdated and their spare parts are sometimes impossible to attain. Statistics such as number of machines operated in the market do not exist and are not listed what so ever. Regardless however, though many difficulties exist in this field I find it to be very rewarding and extremely thrilling and entertaining. I am starting this thread as to pose questions and answers by and for the HEAVYEQUIPMENTFORUMS community as a general Q&A type thread primarily focusing on breakers. Please feel free to post questions and answers or have any kind of input is welcomed. My first question at hand.. I have frequently come across inexperienced spare parts manufacturers from all over the world who unfortunately do not have the correct specifications or data for manufacturing the right spare parts for the mainstream machines being operated in my market. The most recent issue I've come across has to do with breaker through bolts. I've had a shipment come in with through bolts that are 3cm shorter than the original length of the original part. I am wondering if this 3cm difference in length is too much for the part to be installed into the breaker and still do its job??? My market is full of crazy innovative solutions to such issues. For example, sometimes the pistons installed in the breaker gets cracked from the impact side where it hits the chisel tools. So, what the people do is that they take the piston to a steel worker and they would cut off part of the piston to make it straight again, and then they would alter the sizes of the chisels in order to keep from having to exchange the piston which is much more expensive to replace.
does your market or you yourself have an agreement to sell or advertise through this forum ?
No; I don't quite see how I'm advertising or selling anything through this forum. Maybe you can be more clear as to what you're trying to say? The heavy machinery industry is very broad and full of knowledgeable people however, I don't see what the problem is starting a thread about Q&A for a specific excavator attachment. There may be questions I can answer, and I most definitely have questions which I know some of the users here have the answers to as well.
I wish Halfbeard had continued to post. Guess he felt run-off by the first response, above.
...yes frankly that response was definitely giving off unwelcoming vibes... thanks for the support though
Halfbeard, the guy that posted first is one guy that has made 500 posts in 9 years, he doesn't run the site and doesn't reflect the attitude of the forum. Post your info, guys will respond to help.
That's crazy. Normally a piston can not be repaired. Some guys chrome a piston but that's a bad idea. I read the article below there is some content in there I think you might be interested in. Regarding troubleshooting, it says a lot. https://sjheavy.com/hydraulic-jack-hammer