Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Forest trac mulcher???

georgia con · 2015-09-25 01:36

Has anyone ever herd of a forest trac mulcher? I can't seem to find any info on them. I just purchased one. I don't know what it came off of but whatever drove it, burnt. I'd like to convert it to run off my skid steer. I've got a 259d cat with high flow. This unit has two motors, retractable front guard, and what appears to be a side to side tilt option. The push guard has cam track on it but the power head has forest track on the belt guards. I was told cam track is a company out of Montreal but were difficult to deal with if you don't speak French. Any info would be greatly apriecieated.

Replies1
  1. #1CRAFT2015-09-25 11:56

    With out seeing pics of your unit ? ….. But right off the Bat ! …. I'd deff say that your 259D will be grossly under powered !!! …… those designated Trac machines are usually well over 100hp …. even tho they appear to be physically the same size as some skid-steers … Last one I looked at was ~150hp …. Having a brain Fart at the moment, LOL, but there IS a large outfit in Grand-Prarie that specializes in these types of units and combo machine/mulchers …… they are in the mega country of where they have all of the Seismograph lines to brush out every year ….. If I can find the name of that company I'll post …. Cheers Fellow Canuck !