I purchased an excavator bucket. I don’t recall now what the guy said it was from, but I’m hoping with this site somebody can steer me in the right direction and what I would like to do is find aI purchased a excavator bucket. I don’t recall now what the guy said it was from, but I’m hoping with this site somebody can steer me in the right direction and what I would like to do is find a buyer for it and I have a long stick hydraulic cylinder also I believe from a Hitachi. I will try to figure out how to put the pictures in here, but I’d also like to know what would be a fair price for each of them and hopefully somebody will scoop these things up. Save them some money and get them out of my way
Well, I wasn’t sure how to edit that and only let me put so many pictures on so I’m new to this to work with me so I just came down here to the reply box. I’m gonna try to include pictures of the bucket also. 217-204-8633
Bucket fits a JD 410E-310SE would be my guess, or so says the tag. Joe H
My eyes ain’t that good do you have any idea what the value may be by chance and possibly that long stick hydraulic cylinder?
The bucket looks in good shape. I'd guess a price around $750 but it depends if you find someone looking for a clean up bucket. If you were closer I'd consider adapting it for my Cat hoe. Be aware I've seen backhoe buckets sell for as low as $10 at at RB's auctions. The smaller cylinder isn't a high end cylinder but would be suitable for a log splitter or something similar. I'd guess in the $150-$200 range. It would really help to know what the other cylinder is off of. If you knew the bore and could estimate the stroke would help. Without knowing what it fits, I'd say $300 to maybe $400. It all depends on who see's your ads.
OK, I appreciate that but the only information I know is that the big cylinder came off of a Hitachi excavator and it was running a jewel long stick. He just told me I don’t know if I posted a picture with the tape measure. Let me see that that’s all the information Ihave. I know there were some numbers on it. I remember looking up the time. It was four grand new.
Probably more than that new but it's not new and finding someone that needs that exact cylinder is a long shot. How much did you pay for the bucket and cylinders?
I gave 800 for the bucket that I was gonna have a wood stove made out of but the guy never did get around to doing it and I’m tired of moving it around. I bought both cylinders for 800. my phone number is 217-204-8633 for the two cylinders and the bucket I would take 1200 bucks just to get them out of my way. I’m tired of looking at them.
I don't know if this is the best place to try and sell them. Where did you buy them?
I’m not sure why you’re asking me that question that really makes no difference . I’m not sure why that matters.
I was just wondering if you bought from a private seller because you paid about what they're worth unless someone really wanted and/or needed them. Maybe too much for the cylinders?? The puzzling part is you don't know what the supposed Hitachi cylinder is off of. That could help get more money for it. If there's numbers stamped on it a dealer might be able to tell what it fits. Hopefully you can get most of your money back. Could try to get $1000 for the bucket. You know what it fits and they are popular machines.
Ok,they came from my buddy who inherited his families asphalt/truckin company and they sold a lot of equipment and are doing more EPA WORK and trucking as well. I just want them gone. They are so heavy and hard to move and store so I just wanna get them sold and done with. Thanks for the info though,hopefully somebody will want or need them soon
Well I tell you what,bring me a 1,000 dollars and you can have both cylinders and the bucket and I will take you to my buddy’s shop where I bought them from and see if you find anything else you might want to buy.
I'm a little far away in Alberta, Canada. The bucket could bring $1000. It's in good shape and the bolt on edge isn't worn out. I'd bet a new bucket is $3000 or more. Maybe you could sell it on consignment at a JD dealer or used equipment dealer?? Your buddy didn't give you the buddy deal.
Well, I try not to abuse friendship with business. He does me right on everything but there’s so much I get in between that makes up for all of it like free Roto mill hauled to wherever I need it which makes awesome driveways if I wanna borrow a skid steer or a backhoe I go get it many things that come with it but I appreciate your time man. It’s pretty helpful. I might go see the John Deere dealer and just let them decide.
Guess I missed it where are these items located?
The bucket is worth at least what you paid. If you could figure out what the long cylinder fits would certainly increase its value. It could be worth as much or more than the bucket. The other cylinder could bring $200+. It would help if you listed the bore and stroke. If it's 4" bore or more would make a good cylinder for a log splitter or hyd. press.
Jacksonville illinois