Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Excavator “buddy” system

CDNDIESELMONKEY ยท 2015-12-13 12:57

Well this doesn't seem productive! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duMJf8bP1g8 Is this common?

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies8
  1. #1Shimmy12015-12-13 13:30

    I had seen this before. Pretty crafty in my opinion. You're not going to want to do any production excavation, but how else could you get that dirt out? I suppose a mini-ex and a concrete bucket on the end of a loadline would work.

  2. #2hetkind2015-12-13 13:41

    I have seen this done with a small track loader and a clamshell... Howard

  3. #3CM19952015-12-13 15:39

    They were using what they had to get the job done. Not productive but there's not that much dirt to move either. The guy taking the video doesn't get out much if he thought that was "unreal"..

  4. #4Desertwheeler2015-12-13 15:58

    I've seen that on you tube with a 385 too.

  5. #5CDNDIESELMONKEY2015-12-13 17:45

    Will they pick up the cat out of the bottom with a crane?

  6. #6cdm1232015-12-13 18:00

    looks like just a sump hole to pump out some rain or other small volume that likely didn't justify a crane and bucket.

  7. #7D11RCD2015-12-13 18:00

    It's certainly not the best way to do it but I suppose for a small hole and if that's what they had on site or just what they had full stop, then... Not bad. Good luck to people who think outside the box.

  8. #8DK882015-12-13 21:00

    Nye manufacturing made a telescopic jib for a pc600 for a similar application.. IIRC it had a 1 yd bucket?