hi everybody I am new on the block I have never owned a track digger and I'm thinking of buying one. I have driven a komatsu 130 for a couple of weeks last year and loved it.it was a lone from a friend but I have lots of work to do so I'm thinking of buying something around 13 ton. I do have an old Ford 555 rubber wheel digger which is all right for small jobs. I am a farmer so I need it for land drainage fixing of roads and fences the usual stuff there seems to be lots of treads here for which is the best digger so don't really need to start another as they all seem to have their good points and bad ones. what I'm looking for is tips on what to look for when buying how do I know if the track motors, tracks and slewing gear are okay and anything else to look out for would be fantastic or problems with certain models to watch out for and how and where to inspect them I have a choice of most popular brands here komatsu, cat, jcb, hitachi, Daewoo, Kobelco, and probably a few more basically I'm hoping that someone out there can educate me a little bit:cool2
No replies yet.