I was reading somewhere on here about someone being able to pick up a bottle of water or something with an excavator and not bust it. So I had to try it today. I tried to smash the bottle at the end and make the water spray out, but it didnt work. Pick up the bottle without it busting http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6hEg_3GQ0Y Stacking two cups together. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un9YG5B-_So Remember I'm using a 25 ton daewoo 220 excavator. Yes the boss knew we were doing this Although said he could do it, he never tried it after I asked about 3 times.
Good Job Chris, you are GOOD. That's quite a trick. Especially like the part where you smush the bottle at the end. Nice work, man.
:notworthy bottle smashing..............
Not bad. You're supposed to be able to pick up an unopened 12 oz can of Pepsi, Coke, etc, without it breaking. Get back to us when you have video.... (And include all the unsuccessful tries too.)
Ill do it with the 580 or the 120, lol. No thumb. I hate thumbs.
Send me a 24 pack. I'm gona have some fun!
try this sorry no vido of it we were taking down concrete forms from a bridge job we use a pin welded to a chain drop it into the 5/8'' hole in the form while hanging from excavator bucket then a guy uses a wedge on pin to lift out form ! he bet me lunch i couldn't put the pin in form with the excavator , well after the third time of doing that he finally admited defeat:laugh It was well worth the lunch !!! these were wood forms 4'x8' free standing type where you use pins,wedges, whalers exct.. it was a fun challange!!!
stick a kitchen match in a crack of a sidewalk, tape some sandpaper to an excavator bucket tooth, light the match without breaking the match stick
I will say you've got skill!
next time i have tape, matches, an excavator, and a video camera with a sidewalk nearby you're on! I can pick up glass bottles with the thumb :beatsme
when we have our equipment rodeo in the spring one of the challenges is to knock tennis balls off cones placed around the excavator at different distances using a designated bucket tooth w/o touching the cone for fastest time....kind of easy but still challenging...ill be sure to put pictures of the entire rodeo up in the spring when it comes around...
When do you guys find time to mess around like this ???
I've been known to mess around a bit,but never usually on job,not that I wouldnt do it if I was challenged
When you are waitng on the tractor trailor to return from the brush landfill.
That takes skill(and some time on your hands). I've never tired it but watched my uncle pick up a small kids basket ball and set it next to the foreman on a bridge project we were working on. One thing I have tried, although not an equipment challange, is to levitate a Craftsman 5/16(yellow handle) nut driver. Using a air blower with a rubber tip works best. Guy at a show showed us that one day, don't know how they figured it out but it works. Trbo
The Results are in I had some free time while waiting on the lowboy to arrive so I tried the 12 oz coke can. First I tried an empty can and it immediatly crushed so i tried the full can. Here is what happened! Sorry the camera is so far away. I did not want it to get wet if the can exploded. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-SCO2rH7wg
If not said already, try to pick up an egg without cracking it
I would not attempt that with the big excavator, but maybe with the mini. atleast try to scoop it up without it breaking. May try that in the future...
Ive done it with a 580 Case with a table spoon taped to the tooth on hard packed ground.
Good Job! Nice job with the Coke can! How about a water balloon?:beatsme
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums Chubbs Mcgee! :drinkup
nice job cris !!!! i like ur thumb better than the one on my machine by the way nice volvo brother
Thanks, Its one of the best thumbs I have ever used. We have always said If your gonna get a thumb there is no need to get a cheap one, go ahead and get a good one and you will not regret it.
aw come on!!!...you place a coke can tween the teeth...tweek the grapple until you can pick it up...takes "some" dexterity....try lighting the kitchen match with the sandpaper taped to a bucket tooth without breaking the match stick, then we'll know how much feel for a machine you got.
I want to see the video? IF this has been done, I want to see the video.
i did it about 10 yrs ago, took me just about a half a box of matches to do it, didn't own video cam at the time, it can be done, i just don't have it captured on film. if you got the finesse and the balls, should be a relatively easy feat, huh?
So you just taped a match stick to the tooth and light it by draging it across sandpaper without breaking the stick correct? What size machine were you on?
I'm confused Nice videos OK, does the match go on the ground or taped to the bucket? The next time I have an ex on rent I'll try.
tape the sandpaper to your bucket tooth, stick the match stick in a crack in the sidewalk/asphalt, etc. 210 hyundai, 210 case, 690 deere
does it still count if you do it ona backhoe
Be careful guys... If dayex tapes a scalpel to the bucket and says "Come over and watch this", Run !:eek2
I am new to the forum but I have to say that is pretty impressive!
Pull 2 corks out? Over here in Northern Ireland we had a JCB driver champanionship. each contender had to drive a JCB around a set course - lift a bucket of water without spilling it with the front bucket and then pull out two "metal" corks out of Guinness bottles mounted on a table. (which I did sucessfully) I was only 13 years old) - yeah yeah look at me) Each participant was also rewarded by a bottle of Guinness (They sponsered the event) - trouble was men were entering the contest several times which ment several Guinnesses which ment wobbly driving under the influence - needless to say some participants were not allowed to drive in the competition again. Ahh those were the days!:cool2
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums tscacadc! :drinkup
Putting 235 bucket tooth in back pocket of pipelayer I doubt I could do it now ,but back in my days as a trackhoe operator I always looked for new ways to sharpen my dept perception and hand / eye coordination. One way I found was to wait for the pipelayer in the ditch ( a good friend with a sense of humor ) to bend over to align the pipe to the laser and I would put a bucket tooth in his back pants pocket and sit him down in the ditch. What made it a challenge was I was on a 235 Cat and the " target " was in a ditch 25' from me. I don't reccomend trying this. I'd been a op then for over 15 years and had " the velvet touch " on a machine. :usa
i call bs. how far is this stick into the crack, anyway?? lets see some prof. If you could do it then, u can do it now, right? Especially with far superior equipment..
I dont think a 235 tooth will fit in a back pocket........:umno
i bought a box of strike anywhere matches and some sand paper and i could hardly light a match using my hands!
Depends With a 40" Texas rock bucket, the points of the middle tooth will . Thank ya . And I do still have " the touch " and other than my eyes going bad, I could do it again within a few minutes on any machine...........If I could see ! ( old age sux ) Ain't got money, ain't got the but I DO have " the touch ". NCCCO : Manitowoc 3900 W S-2, 4000W, 4100 S-3 , 14000 w/ 282 main ' and 373' Luffing and American IUOE 382 28 years Little Rock, Arkansas