I’m trying to change the control pattern on a 922e Luigong excavator and the valve is set so far back in there you can’t see which way to turn it, but it’s not wanting to turn either way. It’s a typical hydraulic valve that has a square head bolt to turn. Is there a specific way to configure the machine when turning that valve, like could it be pilot pressure holding it stuck? I have tried Bucket on the ground, machine off, pilot controls locked etc. My question is do you have any idea what could cause the valve to stick, is it just a cheap valve and stuck o ring? Please don’t comment on how most excavators have a handle to turn or that this is a Chinese excavator with questionable design and quality, there’s other places to drag people down if your in need of that. I don’t own the machine I’m just an operator new to this job and need help asap or I won’t be able to work on this project, I’m the only guy on the job who uses the other pattern so switching a couple pilot hoses is not an option. Thanks
FYI the other Luigong excavator on this job the valve turned easy.
There should be something preventing unwanted rotation. Whether a spring-loaded plunger or wing nut or something. Look around the body . Beyond that, the valve is gonna be stiff. It's just how it is.
Thanks for the reply funwithfuel, I plan on bringing a mirror and flashlight to be able to see, I think you could be correct there’s some rotation lock nut that I can’t see