Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Excavator controls ISO or SAE

Echico · 2015-07-06 11:48

Hi, my choice is SAE.....because I learned on excavator with SAE controls...and a friend told me, just think when your pulling back on the 2 sticks, you are loading the bucket, easy as eating your mommas homemade apple pie. Boom, Bucket Stick, Swing

Replies10
  1. #1Shimmy12015-07-07 00:49

    If you're describing your pattern, you're describing ISO. Just sayin.....

  2. #2CRAFT2015-07-07 01:30

    No ! …. He IS Describing "SAE" or as some call it CAT Control Pattern ….. Sorry But He Is !!!

  3. #3Echico2015-07-07 07:29

    Thats right Craft...because I hate the ISO pattern.

  4. #4CRAFT2015-07-07 11:53

    …. About as much as I dislike "SAE" !!! ….. This preference of Operation Patterns "HAS BEEN BEAT TO DEATH" on this Forum …..over 30yrs ago I learned on ISO/JD pattern …. it was the only pattern around here At The Time !!! …. it's What it was …… No different than a person Who learned on a Right Hand Drive Vehicle …… and coming to North America Where We are Left Hand Drive …. Welcome to the "HEF" Forum Echico !!! …….. Haha … Try not to Start debates, it gets old Fast !!! …. LOL

  5. #5Echico2015-07-07 12:57

    I try not to get into debates..Lol.....this is a great forum for info. Where do you live in BC...beautiful country out there.

  6. #6apetad2015-07-07 15:44

    Who learned on the DROTT Excavator??? And the early Case Excavators with the multiple foot pedal controls ??? AH for the "Good Old Days"

  7. #7SidewinderGlenn2015-09-24 05:07

    Ah yes .... the old Drotts .... 35 .. 40 .. 50 Get to daydreaming & side the left lever for a swing .. & the house tilts over. We had 3 of the Stupid things & all 3 were different controls. Foot buckets .. foot swings .. lever bucket .. lever swing .. foot tilt .. lever tilt ... Screemin Detroits. You had to re-learn every time you jumped on a different machine. Glad they're long gone !

  8. #82grit2015-09-24 07:57

    Am I missing something with your friend's thinking? No matter which pattern you have, you are loading the bucket when pulling back on the sticks. Maybe I misunderstand what you're saying

  9. #9d4c24a2015-09-24 15:12

    JCB best two stick backhoe pattern

  10. #10FWD2015-09-24 21:04

    I learned to dig with a Bantam C-451. Four (yes 4) pedals on the floor controlling the stick and the bucket and the left stick controlling the swing and right stick the boom. I since bought a Hitachi with the SAE. I could get off the Hitachi and go right to work on the Bantam. I don't have the Bantam any longer but know where it is. I should go see if I still know how. Better be in a open area to start though. FWD i could get off the Hita