I have a 1989 Komatsu pc300 (I think that makes it a dash 3?) I need to switch the lines from cat to Jd or (excavator to backhoe). I have lost the mental file on this.... 2 lines diagonal from each other????? I dont know....
You'll actually be switching four lines .....2-from the stick function , and 2-from the boom ........ they get swap'd
That makes sense, I have done it before but I cant remember which lines to switch, Im sure it could be figured out by studying the machine, I was hoping someone had it fresh in their mind....
I'll bet that where all of your pilot line go to the hoses are color coded .... (like my Cat machines are) .... and I'd say that if you called you Komatsu Dealer they'd send you or give you the color chart of all the lines .......... Cat gave me that when I mounted 2-24v solenoids under the cab (is where they're located on my 312) to electrically change the pattern at the flick of a switch ......I bought as a kit from one of our hyd suppliers, it was only about $400.00 and about $50 in misc ftgs. ..... WAS well worth it
Wow! that seems an absolute bargain. My Kobelco was piped up in backhoe when I got it and was fortunate to get the hose diagrams for the different configurations, so it was an easy change. Luckily I have never had to change it back, but for $450 I would not hesitate to fit the solenoids if I had need to change from one pattern to the other more than once.
At the time when I was quoted that price, I TOO was surprised ...... but when the kit came you could see how simple it was ....as compared to OEM manual switch over kits for $4500 installed (got stung on that once before) ..... there were 2 solenoid valve blocks, 2 cartridges and 2- 24v Coils (also avail as 12v) .... they are so small and so simple to install in line ....... only mistake I made was, I didn't take any PICS ..... but you know how that goes ... installing over head ... oil dripping .... and greasey oilly hands crossways in a ditch (for extra ground clearance) and no camera .... Dammn ....LOL Next time I have the skid plate off I'll take some, and get the part #'s, this is not the first time this has come up in conversation
Thanks Craft!!! The old school pilot lines made it easy to switch, I like your solenoid setup!!! Sounds like $150 worth of parts and hoses from surplussupply.com ???