Anyone install a diesel heater on a Hitachi with izuzu motor? Pics would be great, havnt had much of a look at the motor to see where to plumb into the motor. Or has anyone plumbed up lines so that you can warm up the block from another running vehicle's coolant system?
My boss has ordered one for our JD160D. Where do you live?
brandon, mb
I have installed a few on hitachi 300 size machines I just tapped into the cab heater lines as they draw from the top of the block and return to the bottom. the thermost will isolate the rad so you will not lose your heat there. If you are adding the hyd heater option you will have to drain the tank and weld in a skully flange for the exchanger to fit in.
We installed ours in the heater lines of our volvo loader as well. I know differant ap. but same idea. Worked like a charm for the first couple of years then got pretty disapointed with the heater. It failed, took it back to the dealer they fixed it at a cost of 300 bucks and a year later it failed again. I beleive it's in the wiring this time. Guy at the shop is getting sick of fixing them though. Said they're just a piece of junk. Ours is a Webasto TSL 17. Loved it when it was working but a bit of buyers remorse now. Was sure nice to turn the key on and have warm air coming out of the heater vents though. Ryan
The units I installed were all pro heat with all the options hyd heater, temp and time self start up diffrent directional valves to isolate the engine from the hyd if needed. All nice options but quite complicated and lots to go wrong. look for a simple unit
agree with everyone, we have a few webasto's on the semi's that need to start everyday and this winter put on on my freightliner service truck. The hoe we dont use very much in winter so I was just thinking of plumbing in couplers on it so you could hook the service truck to it to heat it for the few times it starts in winter. So far knock on wood have had good luck with the webasto's, they are alot cheaper than proheat's thats for sure. Local dealer was selling webasto's for $900 not that long ago.
Hope they last good for you justafarmer. For the portable stuff we have a propane fired water circulating heater that we use. Works really good on the skidder but my Cat it takes a while to warm up. It just relies on the heat to circulate the water so I think if I put a 12 volt circulating pump on it, it would help. It's made by E-F heaters in Ont. Korpan has them and most propane places can get them. They get pretty expensive there though. I beleive Hood at Swan River also sells them if they're still around. We've always called them a hot box heater. Same principal as the hockey stick heaters if you're familliar with them. Just a little bit larger though and portable. Last I checked here Webasto TSL 17 was around a 1000 so Maxim must have a little extra markup or your supplier is buying in more volume. One guy that used to sell them had a some of the warranty ones left so he sold us one of them for 50 dollars that had never been used. Guy didn't know how to install it he figured and couldn't get it to work. So they gave him another one. Ryan
That e-f heater sounds interesting. I never found anything on google do you know if the company has a website? I always figured having a portable setup would be pretty slick.
I have never been able to find a webstie for them either. They may have one under a differant name, I'm not sure. Here's the number and the address on the side of the unit. E-F Heaters LTD. 110 Hamel Ave. Longlac Ont. 807-876-4351 Hopefully if it works there should be a couple of pics attached. Ryan