Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Excavator digging bucket

digger104 ยท 2011-06-16 21:31

I have a 120 Kobelco and would like a 36" bucket, it now has a 30" there is a lot of cat buckets available but not sure if it would fit or what it would take to make it fit, anyone know. thanks.

Replies4
  1. #1Kobe1302011-06-18 00:23

    Just received a new 34 inch bucket and thumb custom built by Bodine for my Kobelco SK 130. They are a nice matched pair. About $6000 with out a cylinder as I have my own. It seems tough to find a decent used bucket these days. I spent many hours bringing back and hardfacing the hoe bucket on one of my Case 580s and they are pretty small. The original bucket on the 130 was so bad I think I`ll just send it to scrap. Bought a used Case 95xt recently out of Minnesota and they wouldn`t even send a bucket with it. Fortunately, an LMB for the xt is way cheaper than for the 130. Regards

  2. #2heavylift2011-06-18 01:51

    you could widen the bucket with side cutters... if you don't already have them on the bucket

  3. #3MR. KOBELCO2011-06-21 17:17

    kobelco sk120 mark iv bucket measurements pin center-center = 380 mm width btwn bckt ears = 252 mm 65 mm pin dia. cheers!

  4. #4eiengineering2011-06-22 19:24

    Hi Guys, Cat 312 measurments are 407mm centres and 221mm between the ear bosses Kobelco SK120 (depending on the model) are 370mm and 252mm - both have 65mm pins I would be careful adding 3" onto the each side of your bucket using side cutters, it will tend to put extra stress on the side edges. Normal side cutters only protrude around 1 1/4" from the sides of your bucket. It also depends on the materials you are digging and the material used in the manufacture of the bucket. The best way to make the Cat bucket fit is to do a "cut & shut" on the bucket, cutting the back pin out and then re-welding into the correct position. It is important to get this done correctly and totally parallel with the front pin. Even 1 mm out will be detrimental. It mus be the back pin so that it does not change the digging geometry as well as the back pin takes less loading than the front pin. Good Luck!