Evening all, it has been suggested to me that something called a Mustang 30 might be the same as a Mitsubishi MM30SR. Do any of you bright sparks out there know of this machine, please? I am trying to locate a copy of a workshop manual for an MM30SR, without success so far, so if this is the case, it could be another avenue for me to try. Anything anyone, please? HoraceM
Hi HoraceM, I've never seen one of those machines in my area so I know nothing about them. However, looking at pics of one from internet sites, I'd be willing to bet that an Asian Market grey market machine. If that's the case, it's likely that even if you found a shop manual for one that it would be printed in Japanese and not even available in English or any other language. It's possible you could source one in Japan and have it translated, but that would cost some coin to have that done. Is there a particular problem that you're having with the machine that is the reason you're searching for a shop manual?
Hi there Willie59, thanks for the reply, even a negative one probably saves time searching for some thing that doesn't exist! No specific problem, my mate S has a big building project on and bought this mini-digger to lighten the load. However, after doing a bit of work with it and all OK, the bucket stopped moving (swinging) left and right. I have offered to help as I'm a retired aero engineer and my mate still has a time-consuming and stressful job, plus not too much mechanical experience. At my initial investigation, the machine wouldn't even start! S then lifted the "computer console" off the dash and showed me the wiring underneath and at that point I thought "Wow, I need a manual for this with a wiring diagram just for starters" Looking on the threads it seems that poor electrical connections seem to be the probable cause of a few error codes, but I just feel that a manual would at least point me in the right direction. e.g just getting the alternator or starter motor etc off. I have a lot of experience on cars ( built my Westfield Kit Car - like a Lotus 7) so am quite happy to just investigate any problems but I'd prefer to have a book to start with if poss. Thanks again HoraceM
I'm wondering if you're referring to boom offset quit swinging left and right as opposed to machine rotating left and right. As for removing starter, alternator, and such, removing near anything on a mini digger that's zero tail swing can be quite a challenge at times. And the electrical issues can be the most frustrating, depending on how much carnage some jackwagon did with a pair of nippers and some electrical tape. Post any info or details you can about the swing problem and maybe one of us can help you figure out what to do about it.
Hi Willie, Yes after having another look at this machine and doing a fair bit of 'phoning around (with no success) I can see what you mean. I also see that the left/right swing of the bucket happens at the top of the arm (knuckle type?) and not at the cab end, where I'd assumed it was. Yesterday my mate had got a man in to investigate the starter. He said that it was burnt out, but then went on to say that he had by-passed it and got the m/c started! How, I wondered!! Anyway the guy wasn't very chatty (he may have sussed that I was picking his brains to get whatever info from him I could - I was) but eventually seeing where the starter motor was in the gloom and how he was accessing it makes me see your point. I will get the S/M and alternator tested on Monday and we'll have to let the man re-assemble it as there is a small pile of nuts and bolts etc. and if you haven't taken things off yourself it's even harder to re-assemble them, eh? One call to a mini-digger dealer did raise one point which was when I said about the boom suddenly stopped swinging, he said he'd had that happen on one of their machines after pressure washing it and after a massive investigation found that a stone or some other debris had gotten in the way of a foot pedal that somehow affected a valve, leaving the hydraulic system either pressured or not, when it should be the other way around. As you can see, I didn't quite get the gist of his explanation, but he did say that this set him thinking and they now incorporate some sort of valve here as an anti-theft device. He also said that generally these types of m/c are very reliable mechanically and it is usually a small thing only that causes problems. I'll let you know how things progress. H.