Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

excavator dust seals

burr ยท 2021-01-07 22:17

i am looking for bolt together split o rings for the dust seals on the bucker linkage, the local dealer seamed to have never heard of them, what are the actual name of them please?

Replies10
  1. #1skata2021-01-07 22:32

    Never seen those. What machine is that?

  2. #2John C.2021-01-07 23:44

    I used to see those years ago. The rubber was all one piece that you cut when you wanted to install them without pulling the pin and popping the link out.

  3. #3Tones2021-01-08 00:57

    Hitachi years ago had seals similar to those without the clamps. When they wore out or broke I replaced them with sealing rings for terracotta pipes, worked a treat

  4. #4uffex2021-01-08 03:57

    Good day The attached is a version on file may be helpful as an alternative. Kind regards Uffex

  5. #5alaskaforby42021-01-08 10:23

    Yes, for our 120 it is a JD part# AT349465

  6. #6Nige2021-01-08 10:49

    Still have them. At least on the machines I worked on recently.

  7. #7Puffie402021-01-08 20:51

    I did a search for split o-rings, and found this page in the UK: https://www.scgsupplies.co.uk/product/generic-parts/split-o-ring-nut/ Looking around on that site suggests it may have a Komatsu number. https://www.scgsupplies.co.uk/product/komatsu/komatsu-parts/split-o-ring/

  8. #8burr2021-01-12 16:58

    Thanks for the info

  9. #9burr2021-01-12 17:06

    Thank you for the information was very helpful On the same idea is there such a thing as a split shim

  10. #10Tones2021-01-12 17:34

    On the bucket ears 1 side has a boss that can be pushed in to take out any side slop. That has shims in it.