Hi HEF members, Reggie here from Pipe Bedding Solutions. I'm going to burn my one solicitation post. I'd like some feedback (pro or con) from you guys on our "lift style" bedding box. https://pipebeddingsolutions.com/
I would prefer a regular stone box you can use it with a small machine to a big machine,as long as you can get the bucket in it your good to go.
Need to secure it to the bucket somehow. You have to plan for not only the very professional safety conscious operator who will keep the bucket curled. As well the one that while well intended, won't.
Has limited working area and control compared to a bucket full of stone.
Photo #1. This is a still from a video while in normal use. Keep in mind the operator wasn't trying to see how far he could throw material for the video. You can get material as far or further than a bucket can. Photo #2. Is the box 100% locked on to the machine? No. It is designed to maintain connection while under normal operation.
Seems like a good idea on a site where you couldn't get a truck close enough and the equipment you're using is big enough to handle it when it's loaded with stone. I usually just get my 10 wheeler close with a load of stone in it and dig out of the back.
This is what I’m use to using
Bls - those are pretty much the standard and what everyone has used for 40+ years. This style really shines on a replacement mainline job where worksite space is limited. Sidewalk, trees, prestrung pipe, grade stakes, spoil pile, ect.
I done many main line replacement and new installs through woods and first thing you downsize is the hoe so you can by trees and branches
Specs list the hoe size range as 50k lbs - 100k lbs. That Cat 326F is a ~60k lb machine and had no problem with a full box. How big of machine would you normally use vrs the smaller unit for tight areas?
312 size machines in tight areas
In open areas 35-60 ton machines