Anyone know the part number or numbers for the tools to take these apart?? Is it even a available to the public or only for cat service departments??
It's all in here, however Cat are not using them any more as far as I know.
I know they don’t use them but I’m accumulating a lot of old hoses with the ends on them and would be interested in being able to change them myself if it’s an option
You're welcome
Thanks
The Cat dealer here (Finning) doesn't do them anymore. At one time Cat would supply the tooling to other shops but that stopped several years ago. It sucks in my case because the hose clamps on my Cat backhoe are designed specifically to clamp on the reusable fittings. I have 6 double hoses (12 total) I'll need to switch to bulkhead fittings and modify the clamp for the bulkhead fittings.
made one years ago steel table and porter power and u shaped plates, all so used vice and open end wrenchs vice used to press on and off.