I currently have IH S2500 10 wheeler 15 ft dump,350 cummins 9spd rr ,22.5 better built tag 20 ft tag. I was wondering what size excavator /dozer could be safely hauled.Currently hauling a Ex100 and Cat Lpg Cat d4d.
I am assuming your on a 20 ton tag you could get an old style cat 315 (the new ones are smaller) on there I personally wouldn't push for more on a 20 ton tag tho in a pinch you could get a 180 size machine on not sure if that would be legal on a pintle hook for tongue weight and your trailer might get a little short on anything bigger than a 150 Also most 150 size machines are over width from the factory so you would need an envelope permit Not a dozer guy so I dont know those weights
Would entirely depend on what your legal for on the trailer there, how heavy the hitch on truck is rated for, as well as trailer. Going to guess trailer weights about 4 tons, if you're say legal for 17 tons on trailer axles you could easily put 4 ton on the pin leaving you room for 17 tons of load on the trailer which would give you a 160 in most cases. If the hitch on truck was up to it, could easily upgrade to a tridem and put a 200 on it. I put my 210 on a 25 ton tag and pulls great. I actually found the truck pulls it better with more pin weight. I started with 10% so 3 ton on the hitch, but put machine further forward to put about 5 ton on the truck, and truck pulls it easier and has a lot more traction on slippery roads.