Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Excavator needed for rental

sierradmax ยท 2014-08-11 09:51

I had 12 trees removed from my property so I can build a garage. All oak, maple, & pine. I've removed 9 out of the 12 stumps with a bobcat 709 backhoe attachment & my 763 skid steer. The remaining 3 I know I won't be able to remove. One is a 36" diameter red oak. In addition, I figure an excavator will dig the foundation quicker than my skid steer. What size machine should I look at renting? I can tow 12,000lbs. on my trailer. Will a 12,000lb. mini excavator do the job?

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies2
  1. #1lumberjack2014-08-11 14:53

    Here's a 10klb excavator digging some stumps. http://youtu.be/DSp2j5OsrXk

  2. #2pafarmer2014-08-11 17:25

    A 4 ton machine will dig them out, takes a little time but can be done with ease....