Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Good Coupler for my Komatsu PC200

DiggerDown · 2014-08-11 10:32

Im lookin for a coupler for my Komatsu PC 200. Anyone know where I can get one that's not going to break the first day?

Replies13
  1. #1goneinsane2014-08-11 10:36

    The only manufacture worth buying from is TRK Attachments. I've never seen couplers built so well.

  2. #2carlnorm2014-08-11 10:45

    Either Geith or TRK. Both build decent quick hitches.

  3. #3DiggerDown2014-08-19 15:10

    Thanks guys. Checking out their Couplers right now.

  4. #4JGibson2014-08-20 18:27

    I ran a pc200hd-8 and a pc240lc-10 with jrb pin grabbers and liked them

  5. #5forrestsain2014-11-25 12:14

    Id go with a geith

  6. #6mike.rider2014-11-25 15:58

    Have a look at Wedgelock couplers. They have multi pin pick up ability and will pick up most buckets in the 20t weight class.

  7. #7forrestsain2014-11-25 16:25

    Yeah those are nice too. I recently bought an 06 pc200 ll-7. It had a grapple on it. I want to put a bucket and thumb on it. Its just a bare stick, i need the cylinder, all the dog links and a thumb and bucket. Komatsu wants a mint just for the links.. Ideally id like to find a 200-7 that someone is parting out.

  8. #8forrestsain2014-11-25 17:00

    Yeah those are nice too. I recently bought an 06 pc200 ll-7. It had a grapple on it. I want to put a bucket and thumb on it. Its just a bare stick, i need the cylinder, all the dog links and a thumb and bucket. Komatsu wants a mint just for the links.. Ideally id like to find a 200-7 that someone is parting out.

  9. #9JBGASH2014-11-25 20:22

    I have a 200-6 with a JRP quick coupler that has been great with no problems of any kind, I would buy another in a heartbeat.

  10. #10forrestsain2014-11-25 22:45

    Yeah ive seen the jrp couplers. My first machine i ever bought was a 120-6. That thing had like 15000 hrs on it. I ran awesome, sold it a year later for what i paid for it. As far as excavators im all komatsu

  11. #11Shimmy12014-11-25 23:33

    Wedgelocks are so exclusive. You need to replace all your buckets, or cut all the mounts off and change. A pin grabber would be the most economical solution. Most couplers have some sort of lock mechanism to prevent losing the attachment. I run the new CNH labeled coupler, is basically a JRB. I wanted an Esco, but Case gave me the JRB. Coupler works fine, just a little higher than I would have preferred. IMHO I believe all the name brand couplers will perform just fine, just depends on what is available to you. Also, I will mention if you're not opposed to a mechanical coupler, I ran a mechanical CF coupler for years. If you were in really rocky conditions the eyebolts could sometimes work loose a little, but you could never lose the bucket. You can find those super cheap. I've seen them for as little as $500. But, keep in mind they only work with the spacing they are designed for. That is one good thing about my coupler. I can grab buckets that have a center to center distance anywhere from 16½" all the way to 20¼". Makes is nice because I don't have to be so selective when I'm looking for a bucket.

  12. #12forrestsain2014-11-26 00:03

    Thats true. Every penny ive ever made has gone right back in. 2004 pc138us2 grapple, bucket thumb 2006 305 ccr grapple, 3 buckets 2006 pc 200 ll-7 98 kw log truck You get out what you put in

  13. #13carlnorm2014-11-26 13:34

    This Multi-Grab manual coupler does that too: http://www.trkattach.ca/excavatorcouplers.php