Hello, I'm kinda new here to this sight.... I had a problem with my Komatsu excavator overheating. I read all(well most) of the treads started on equipment overheating.. Thanks to all the treads that I read it help me greatly... I just wanted to say Thanks to all of the replies to the treads that were started.. Here is what I had to do to fix the problem.. 1st-- washed the oil cooler and radiator for about 30 minutes.. 2nd-- fixed an exhaust leak and made new heat shields (oh I did wrap the exhaust with a heat wrap and it did cut down on the heat under the hood) 3rd-- new water pump... I found that the old one was good..but i still put the new one on.. new Thermostat 4th-- new fan belt and new bottom hose and a new water filter none of this stopped it from running hot..it did help but didn't stop the overheat problem 5th-- 3 gallons of soap, 1 gallon of degreaser, and 4 1/2 hours with a pressure washer.. now it runs like a new machine.. this is truly a great sight... if I would have used the pressure washer the right way and not just washed the front of the radiator at first i would have a lot of money still in my pocket and Komatsu would still have a lot of parts on the shelf ..lol I went to Home Depot to the plumbing section and bought the parts to make a 90 to go on my pressure washer for around $12.. and used the 40 degree spay end.. found that it would not bend the coils over on the radiator.. most of the treads started with wash the radiator and oil cooler.. i did and it looked clean but it was nowhere near clean.. once i used the soap and degreaser so much stuff came out if the radiator.. I could not believe it was that dirty.. I hope this tread will help someone else having the problem with overheating( I'm not saying it will fix all overheating problems) and save them some money.. Again i want to thank everyone who replied to other treads trying to help them.. your posts help me greatly..i just didn't listen to wash the radiator and oil cooler and when you think it is clean keep washing because it is probably not as clean as you think it is... Thanks, SBX6593
Glad it worked out for you! I learned the hard way just like you on a PC400-6!
I think you 2 are a convert, if you want to clean anything on an excavator you need to spray De-greaser and let it sit for at least 10 minutes and then water jet blast. just water does not cut the mustard, any dust that hits any part that has been pre-covered with oil,grease will stick like that brown stuff on your grand kids nappy.
Yes... Cutting the mustard