Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cat E120b 7nf—-

tamoo ยท 2015-06-22 21:13

I have a cat E120b s/n 7nf wondering where to tap into install aux hyd. for hammer, found plug for return. should I hookup directly to one of the pumps?

Replies5
  1. #1lantraxco2015-06-22 22:46

    As a guess I would say no. Look in the valve stack and see if there's an extra spool section with capped ports, if not you may have to buy an aux valve kit, maybe from a machine that's being dismantled. This is not something to do on a guess and go basis, especially I think on the CAT excavators.

  2. #2bigswede2015-07-01 23:25

    There should be an extra valve in the main valve body. I understand that those machines always came with the extra valve installed. I have a 7nf E120B as well that I plumbed using an electric solenoid to activate. I Was able to get good advice from the hyd tech at my dealer, which helped a lot The fittings are British metric (?) on the valve body so I ordered adapters to go to JIC which makes it much easier to replace hoses later, if you have a wreck

  3. #3Nige2015-07-02 04:54

    Does your machine have 3 or 4 sections each side of the wide section in the centre of the main control valve..? If you are lucky and have 4 sections the 4th section is the one for the attachment hydraulics. See below.

  4. #4Smokey512015-07-06 16:36

    hello Tamoo, I just bought an e70b cat it has hammer hyd. already installed but I want to change to thumb 2/way can you use some parts.

  5. #5Smokey512015-07-06 16:54

    Does your machine have a grade blade ? im taking out hammer foot pedle on floor can you use it?