I am at the son-in-law's acreage piling up brush that came from a field cleared years ago. The brush was pushed into a windrow and left. I am raking and stacking it into burn piles. 18 piles and still going. Good practice for my thumb skills.
great pics keep up the good work!
That looks like a good time
What's that white stuff on the ground?
I am at 4000ft elevation here. Lots of snow but its melting everyday. It is around 1000ft elevation where I live and the snow is long gone. You can golf and ski the same day around here.
great pics.
Here is a job I just completed. It was 2 acres of apple trees and 1 acre of pear trees to pull. The apples I laid down so that they could cut the wood for the wood stove. The pears were just piled to burn when the owner gets a permit. The last day the temperatures were down to 10 deg F so we got er done before the frost went deeper. The apples came out easily. The pears were 50 years old or more and some proved to be difficult. The pears have a serious root system and the trees shattered easily when you pushed on them. There were a few spots where the roots were in clay. It took some digging to get them out.
Great Pics Timmy, the truck trailer and excavator is an impressive pic! that looks like a fun job, how many hours on the 135 now?
I haven't been doing much with it. I think the hours are about 730. Hoping this year will be busier around here.
Nice machine
Logging truck rescue My part in this was to move the yellow skidder in to get the rescue job started. The road was bare at the bottom. This at kilometre 2 with water running over ice. You could hardly stand up on it. Very experienced owner operator of the truck. Just didn't chainup when he should have, spun out and went backwards. Had it in reverse but the reach caught a tree and spun it over the bank. Bad day for the old Pacific!
Day 2 They brought in another skidder and a grapple hoe. I was an observer.
The poor old truck took a beating! I didn't get the pictures uploaded in the proper order but you get the idea.
That truck looks pretty bent up, poor old girl guess it was just her time. Driver didnt get hurt?
Couple bumps and bruises. Walked away lucky!
couple hose clamps, some JB weld and a roll of duct tape and drive'r home. The rest will buff out. seriously glad he is ok.
Lock blocks project I picked up a job close to home. Homeowner is going from single wide to double wide trailer on their lot. There were a dozen pine trees to remove and then do 120 feet of retaining wall using 4000 lb lock blocks.
Loading stumps and brush.Took 3 loads to a free dump site. The landfill charges $25 metric tonne and more for stumps that have dirt and rocks attached. Chipper will get excited. Start of the wall. More blocks to haul tomorrow. Sorry the pictures are kind of out of order. They seem to upload in random order??
Looks like a start on a great looking job, great pictures. Thanks for sharing them with us.
Wall is finished. Home owner was the one who decided when each block was straight enough. If you look down the line you can see some that could use a little tweak. He was happy, so I'm happy. The driveway to the shop in picture was removed so that there would be room for the truck to bring in the two trailer sections. It will be 27 feet wide when the two halves are together.
Looks good Timmy, how the truck working out?
Truck is working fine. I have a power steering leak that I have to find and get fixed. No steady work yet, just my own part-time stuff. We have 70% axle weight restrictions on the side roads so I have a couple of things waiting on that.
On The Road Again! Our local Pacific self-loading logger found a cab and is happily working again. Good news for him! He joked about painting it grey so that no one would know about the oopsie!
Moved the excavator out to an apple orchard that is coming out. Grapes are going in. I will start pulling the trees tomorrow. Nice location to work, overlooking Okanagan Lake. Supposed to be sunny and a high of 52F tomorrow. Turn the tunes on and start pulling. Trees will be piled at the bottom area so the chipper can do his thing. The picture of the single apple tree shows the branch tips snipped off by the elk that tour the orchards.
That looks like a great place to work and should be an enjoyable time for you.
That look's like a lot of fun. Kyle
Looks great. How busy will you stay this summer? I would like to see some pics of the orchard when you are done.
Lucky guy! Could have been worse. John
Work right now is like sex and snow- You never know how much you will get or how long it will last!
Trees are all out. I just have to drag them into two rows for the chipper man.
Last pictures
Moving extra fill Moved 9 loads of excavated material to a dump spot over a bank that was 5 minutes away. I like these small jobs. Thay pay on completion and everybody is happy! Pictures are out of order as usual. I will work the KW b-train Monday to haul juice apples to Sunrype.
More
Another great looking job, and some pictrues of the country side, also. Looks like a great place to be working. How do you like the tilt trailer, ever have trouble climbing back on?
Went to a demo day at a local gravel pit and played with some equipment.
nice fotos timmy.. i see a x2 in there. climbing back on trailers.. some time we take a 1/2" chain and go through the front d rings up by the very front of trailer.. then we come back through the lifting eye and wala.. seems to really help.. sliding off the side.. nono can't have that going on. nice to see you are staying busy bud regards, cd
Had trouble getting on the trailer earlier this year. Tracks full of wet snow and a dry trailer. Should be good to go or so I thought. Slid back and a little to the side. OOPS! Had to hook the bucket over the front and drag myself on. I liked the X2. Could run that all day comfortably. Nice and quiet.
Fruit packinghouse I worked at this location for 23 years and my Dad shipped his cherries, apricots, peaches, pears and apples from 1961 to 1978. Seems strange to see it gone but our fruit industry is now about 40% of what it used to be.
Rock truck our nephew was running in Alberta. Truck broke down and they were towing it. Pulled a little too hard maybe!
Well it is a T-rex...LOL:stirthepot
What are they doing with the Timberjack skidder in post 38 pic #3?
The outfit is a tree service company/demo contractor. I imagine they were using it here for the blade, pushing demo matrial around??
What a shame all around. There definately not building them pacifics anymore and no one built them like pacific
I planted around 700 posts for grapes at the last apple orchard I pulled out. Lots of rocks in the ground and the slope made it challenging to get them straight.
Wow another great looking job, and what darn pretty country to be working in. I bet keeping those post straight would be a royal pain, but looks like you got it down pretty darn good.
Wow that is alot of posts. but it look's great ! Kyle
Road trip with backhoe A friend sold his Case 580K and he asked if I was interested in hauling it for the new owner. The buyer lived in 100 Mile House about 500+ miles round trip from me. Loaded it up one morning and the got up early Saturday and delivered it by noon and home again. It is a nice drive. I went up Highway 97 which will continue on all the way to Alaska. On the way back I took Highway 24 which takes you through what is known as the Interlakes area. Good fishing! My last picture is Lac Des Roches which is on that road.
Looks like it would of been a pretty enjoyable drive, with all to see on the way. Very nice, thanks for sharing.
Nice looking scenery! How'd the trip go?
Everything went smoothly. Didn't get lost, scales were closed, truck ran good, had a bucket of gravel in the box to help with the ride. I am not a long distance trucker. I easily could have made a two day trip out of it!
Back to the vineyard The tree mulch pile I spread was too much for the narrow vineyard tractor to drive on. Too thick in places and it wasn't safe to drive over. I scraped and loaded over 50,000kg and hauled away in 7 dump truck loads. It rained a lot so it was heavy and well packed down in the truck.