Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Excavator Quick Connect Coupler

ReidAnderson ยท 2025-01-25 15:43

Hello, I recently purchased a 2020 CAT 315-FL, It came with a quick connect coupler (cannot read badges for exact model) and I am attempting to change buckets. I followed the directions (curl up, press rocker switch to disconnect, wait 2 seconds, roll bucket out) the monitor says the coupler is unlocked but the wedge does not move to release the bucket. I am wondering if it could be a faulty hydraulic motor, as all connections and hoses seem to be in good shape and no issues with other hydraulics. Any advice would be appreciated

Replies4
  1. #1funwithfuel2025-01-25 16:35

    Looks like wainroy coupler. Either the wedge is mechanically locked or binding needing full hydraulic energy plus a shock to knock it loose. The other option is that the cylinder failed internally and is bypassing. I would try shocking the wedge first. See how things go.

  2. #2Shimmy12025-01-25 16:52

    Curl bucket all the way in. Start with bucket about 3-4" above the ground. Using the boom function, tap the bucket down against the ground a couple times, then, while holding the bucket curl-in function with the switch depressed, hit the ground with the boom. Hopefully that will give you the shock needed to let the wedge release.

  3. #3ReidAnderson2025-01-25 23:48

    Thank you! That worked for me, you guys were correct it was seized so the shock method worked. Thank you

  4. #492U 34062025-01-26 00:27

    Wainroy is quite a bit different. Being OP is from Alberta I'd say its likely a Weldco-Beales. Lugs on the bucket certainly look like the WBM shape and profile.