Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Samsung SE130LCM-2 Battery Relay

nbeedle · 2025-01-25 16:51

Lost all power in my Excavator. No power to the key. Thinking the battery relay is bad. Is there a way I can us a jumper wire to test and see if this is the issue? Bypass it so to speak? I have power to the relay, but it doesn’t click when the key gets turned on and off. Any ideas? Thanks!

Replies9
  1. #1Simon C2025-01-25 18:25

    Is there a burn't fuse. Is there a fusable link burn't or a breaker popped. Would be handy to see a schematic to be able to give you some pointers. Simon C

  2. #2nbeedle2025-01-25 18:31

    New machine to me. Don’t have a users or repair manual for it. It’s a 1995. I have found the relay board in the cab but haven’t found any fuses or fuse panels anywhere. Does this machine have one somewhere??

  3. #3Simon C2025-01-25 18:35

    There is probably fuses in the cab, maybe behind the seat or somewhere else. Would highly recommend buying an operators manual as there is a lot of necessary info in it to save a lot of problems down the road. Electrical schematics are super handy, as well an overhaul manual or repair manual are well worth it. Simon C

  4. #4Lagwagon2025-01-25 20:17

    Fuse panel on lefthand console, unscrew small round keeper nut by hand. There should be a fused yellow 30a wire off the battery, they get wet and blow due to water ingress as the battery box is a poor design. Schematic attached.

  5. #5Simon C2025-01-25 22:29

    Lagwagon's schematic shows Fuse 11 feeding battery power to the Key switch. It is fed by multiple connectors to get to the key switch. Need to check the fuse first. Simon C

  6. #6nbeedle2025-01-25 22:35

    Thank you! I will look for this tomorrow. Just to be clear, that 30 Amp fuse is in the fuse panel correct? I can’t find it anywhere in the battery compartments or the engine compartment.

  7. #7Simon C2025-01-25 22:56

    Fuse 11 is in the cab in fuse box. Do not know where the 30 Amp Fuse is. According to the schematic the schematic shows the 30 amp fuse coming off the battery positive. May be able to find coming off the battery. Simon C

  8. #8Lagwagon2025-01-25 23:05

    It should be near the battery but there were slight differences in models LC-2 & LCM-2, this schematic is for Lc-2

  9. #9nbeedle2025-01-25 23:27

    Mine is a 1995 LCM-2 Anywhere I can find a picture of what it looks like so I know what I’m looking for.