Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Excavator stick help.

movindirt ยท 2016-04-28 22:48

Hey guys, I'm looking for a long stick for a 8 ton excavator, the dimensions where it pins on the boom is- 8.5" wide, and a 2.5" pin, does anyone know what brands have this same size or smaller? Hoping I could use a Cat or deere stick, but I can't find measurements anywhere. Thanks! So I guess what I am asking is also, would anyone care to measure the width of the stick on their 8 ton machines so I know what will work and what won't?

Replies2
  1. #1StumpyWally2016-05-01 17:25

    MovinDirt...I have a 2005 NH EH80 CS, which is really a Kobelco SK80 CS. It has the std. stick (5'-11"). It's not in a location where I can measure the boom-to-stick connection currently, but I copied the following from a PDF of a shop manual that I have for a NH E80 (which I'm fairly certain is identical): It appears from Fig. 3-4, Section B-B, M = boss width of arm = 210mm (8.27") from the dimensions table, & d4 = pin dia. = 60mm (2.36"). If you want the corresponding boom diagram/dimensions, let me know. Hope this helps...

  2. #2movindirt2016-05-01 17:50

    :thumbsup :drinkup Thanks!!! That would fit inside of mine, just need a couple of spacers, but it would work! I'll add this to my list of possibilities.