Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

excavator thumb

shucks ยท 2012-11-06 13:21

Looking for a thumb for my Cat 322L excavator.Would like to find a used hyd thumb if possible,if not a manual will do. Where could I find one in the Midwest USA (Indiana) Even a good one from a salvage yard would be OK. Any ideas? Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1Hymas9002012-11-06 13:56

    There is a link on machinerchat.com in the excavator thread. Why dont you build one yourself?

  2. #2Willis Bushogin2012-11-06 15:18

    check with your local equipment dealer, or repair shop. My local dealer has a hyd and a manual thumb for your size machine. I know he wants $800 for the used manual thumb and I didnt ask about the hyd thumb, my machine is not plumbed for it. Im in eastern NC, so the freight would kill you Good Luck

  3. #3Hendrik2012-11-06 17:16

    That size machine you really want a hyd thumb, however if money is tight you could start with a manual and upgrade it later to hyd. To build one takes some skill and a good workshop.

  4. #4Mjrdude12012-11-06 17:39

    Might try machinerytrader.com in the attachments section, sometimes we find what we need.