Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Exhaust Brake not working

Mark Anthony Mesina · 2023-02-09 09:37

I have an Isuzu CYZ truck with 6WG1 engine. Exhaust brake isn’t working, I already tested the exhaust actuator having an external supply and it’s working. Upon conducting electrical loop checking, I found out that the relay of the exhaust brake system has a problem with its negative trigger which is coming from the ECM itself. No “check engine indicator” showed up. Maybe someone could help me figure out the cause of this problem. Thankyou

Replies4
  1. #1B0B2023-02-09 21:21

    without scanning it everything is a shot in the dark. if it comes down to it, you can run a momentary switch to the relay and manualy run the e brake

  2. #2Mark Anthony Mesina2023-02-09 23:08

    I already scan the ECM and got this error code. Whenever I try to delete the error, this error remains. Is the EGR correlated with the exhaust brake system?

  3. #3B0B2023-02-10 11:32

    why is pto on? egr code may disable x brake to prevent egr damage. not sure but it could be.

  4. #4crane operator2023-02-12 13:29

    I have a crane with a exhaust brake, with the pto engaged, the exhaust brake will not actuate.