hello gentlemen users of the forum today if you allow me I would like your opinion and your experience on excavators jointed legs spider type, someone who uses them the make and model which you feel in your opinion is the best and good performance of the market? hello thanks await opinions
I have hired one in the past to work on steep ground and it was a terrific machine while it worked and a PITA to fix, just to much technology.
believe that the best are the menzi much with cable winch and recovery? what brand and model do you think is better and with good design characteristics and performance? thanks I look forward opinions and experiences of veterans of professionals specializing in earth movement to the next
We used to have some forum members with a lot of experience with these, but they have not been active for a while. Maybe one of them will see this and chime in. I like these extreme condition machines, but do not have any experience with them.
It's a pretty broad question and I'll answer this from the perspective of a Kaiser owner. I own a Kaiser X4M similar to the being loaded onto the truck in the pictures above (their's has a custom forestry cab). The X4M is a pretty bulletproof machine but doesn't have quite the same reach or lift capacity of the newer machines. The early S2-1 models had some teething issues as they shared the same undercarriage as that of the X4M but since the lift and reach was increased, they needed to strengthen some key points. Once these were addressed, they too were great machines. They are now up to the S2-4 model and they are pretty sweet from what I hear. My region is virtually dominated with Kaisers so I can't give any feedback on the other brands other than I've heard early Schaeffs had a lot of issues. If you have any specific questions I'll be glad to answer what I can.
I've had a Menzi Muck A91C for three years now and have been on it full time. Great machine, John Deere Engine, rexroth hydraulics, nothing really to go majorly wrong, service it every 250hrs, had a few electrical issues but nothing more major than rubbed through wires. Unless you've had walking excavator operating experience I wouldn't be investing in a new one, purely for the fact that the machine will get knocked about no matter how good an operator you think you are, they are the type of machine that takes a lot of learning before you can safely put them where the spec sheet says they can go. The hardest part I've found in Australia is that there is no market for them other than the one you yourself create. I've put heaps of time markeitng the machine and it has taken two and a half years to get it to the stage of plenty of work in front of me for good return on investment. Hope this helps Chris
know an excavator with articulated supports spider type, brand KAMO? what do you think someone has used that has strengths and weaknesses that performance which brand you think is best, which company built the first model of escavatorre spider model was? https://youtu.be/VJ9zh82ARUw
I'm a big fan of Menzi Muck, mainly because that is what I own, I've never even seen another walking excavator, they are that rare in Australia. I would stick to one of he major brands like Menzi Muck, Kaiser, Euromach or Batemag. What might seem like a cheap machine in the initial stages will soon eat up the difference in repairs and maintenance. Ernst Menzi and Joseph Kaiser first started developing the idea in the mid sixties. A more modern machine will soon pay off in reliability and production and comfort for the operator. Dr Ernie on here has forgotten more than I know on these walking excavators, maybe he will chime in. Another thing, with a more modern machine you will have the hydraulic flow to run various attachments like mowers/mulchers.
thanks for your valuable evidence from us spiders are used in embankments across the slopes of the mountains and dangerous jobs, are operated by skilled operators and reckless
I'm looking at getting in to the walking excavator biz myself and have talked to Dr. Ernie on the phone and a couple Canadian owners as well the Kaiser dealer on the west coast of Canada and the Menzi Muck dealer in Florida. But so far to date the only one I've ever come across is one probably owned by a farmer that seldom ever moves and is very very old from what I'm told.
in my part was very widespread kamo 3 x 5 tons, used it on the slopes and motorway embankments to carry out excavations in the trenches to bury the cables and conduits pipes https://youtu.be/V8NJ5YHHE8Q