Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Intake air vent on Kubota KX121-3

Oneshineylady ยท 2014-07-22 22:26

Hey guys! Hoping someone can give me a hand here. Now first and foremost, I smoke alot. Especially at work. I've noticed when I get in my machine and turn the heater/ac on I get a big waft of stale smoke smell and dust. I am assuming, like a car, there is a filter for the blower in the cab. I have looked everywhere inside of my machine but cannot find where the intake is. I have also read that I might have an external vent that I can switch? I have downloaded the full manual for this machine but it says absolutely nothing about it other than how to turn the heat/ac on( if someone had to read the manual for that they had better not be in a damn machine!). I can't find anything on google about it either. Do any of you guys know anything about this? Much appreciate the help!!!

Replies6
  1. #1Oneshineylady2014-07-22 22:30

    Sorry I put this in the wrong thread....It should be down in compact excavators...sorry guys

  2. #2Tags2014-07-23 07:25

    If you are sitting in the seat the in cab filter should be behind your left foot (it's not much of a filter btw) and there is a filter outside the machine on the passenger side bolted to the side of the cab towards the front. Hope this helps...

  3. #3Oneshineylady2014-07-23 18:34

    Thanks! Ill have a look for the one in the cab tomorrow. I looked again today and found the vent outside. Now to find some time to clean it, ffs. Thanks again!

  4. #4Ropinghorns2014-07-24 21:17

    Like tags said, behind your left heel a thumb screw lets down a door. That filter is hard to see cause it runs toward the back from the front. I have to take that door off to get mine out, but it should be cleaned often. But what about your lungs?

  5. #5Oneshineylady2014-07-25 06:31

    Lol, one of the many things on my list of things to quit, smoking. My lungs are **** I'm sure. Thanks for more details. I did look in that fuse panel but I just assumed it was all fuses. I'll look better today. Thanks!

  6. #6Oneshineylady2014-07-25 17:24

    Holy crap I found it...didn't see it the first time I looked cause it was so caked in dirt. Gross. Thanks again guys