I was sent these pics via email recently... I would love to have seen this in person. What is he doing climbing into a rail car? Surely someone can shed some light on this, have you done this? Is it a common practice? I would never have thought of doing this! I'm impressed...
And here, the last two photo's. I notice the outriggers have specific brackets attached.
This is like the 100th time this set of pics has appeared on this forum and many other forums.
Oh, righto Mods delete please...
I have seen them before but I think this one is different not the same pic. Still very interesting on going up ontop of the train.
http://www.herzogcompanies.com/rrservices/cartopper.php
Was there a reason he climbed into the car?
Follow the links in the 2 posts above yours.
Seeing these pics for the 1st time - that is awesome.
Too high for me.....get dizzy just looking at pics.
Showed pics to my wife. She said she would need a change of underwear after getting the machine up there.
wow!!
I've seen one up in Washington actually being used. I'd like to try it just to see if I had the guts to actually do it. There's a bunch of different versions of machines like that but the rest of them are built around excavator houses that have rails that ride along the top of the cars.
I don't believe i have the nades, I'm scared of heights.The old saying kicks in here, someone has to do it ,good for him.You know working for the rail road that it pays big in pay and bennies . Jim
Why get a backhoe. There is a local company in Durban. I've seen that they run a Bell (kato) HD 820E iii excavator on like a crane gantry system, that the coal cars shunt under, that unloads them. Basically, they took the super structure off, with the swing, and mounted each track system for the travel system on the base of the gantry. Understand my explanation?
You can see the video on u tube. The machine unloads coal onto trucks and hops from car to car
Pictures like this are famous examples of stupidity.
WHY is it stupid? If you had to remove coal from that car how would you do it? I guess you did not see the utube vid
If the choice was between unloading with a shovel or the backhoe, gimmie that shovel, I'll pay the merge.
the machine is engineered to do that. built specifically for that task