Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Explain this to me……..yes I am new to this!

bswwiv ยท 2015-12-19 06:25

Have a FESCO Forestry Harrow ( http://www.mathisplow.com/FMDModularDisk.html ) with a 2 inch hole for the hitch. My Cat D5C has a 1 1/2 inch hole ( top and bottom of hitch ) for the pin. I am assuming that these two are constructed in this way so that a sacrificial bushing can be put in the harrows' 2 inch hole? If this is so do I want phospher/bronze ( Seems like it would wear out VERY fast ) or something else? And where do I get these?

Replies6
  1. #1Twisted2015-12-19 10:02

    Drop in a 1-1/2" pin and go. Yes it's that easy.

  2. #2Shimmy12015-12-19 10:59

    What he said.

  3. #3Oxbow2015-12-19 11:25

    bswwiv, the point is that you need some tolerance in the pin size to allow for movement, up and down as well as twisting, to prevent binding and damage to the drawbar/ pin/ implement.

  4. #4Scrub Puller2015-12-19 15:13

    Yair . . . . . . . and of course it makes life a whole lot easier when it comes to hitching up, there are places for precision but an implement hitch isn't one, no grease either, it collects grit and can act like grinding paste. Cheers.

  5. #5Shimmy12015-12-19 16:16

    https://www.madisontractor.com/hp10-hitch-pin-1-1-2-x-8-1-2.html

  6. #6bswwiv2015-12-19 18:28

    Thank you. I'll probably be back with more uneducated questions.