Ive been a Cat guy for 27 years & im in the market for a new trim dozer. I currently own a D3GXl & D3K2Xl. The G is a fantastic dozer in my opinion, but the K2 im not impressed with for a number of reasons. So I have taken an interest in the Komatsu D37EX-23 dozer. So I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on the Komatsu dozer.
You don't need to hear this I am sure but I have run at one time or another just about all of the "trim" dozer entries from all of the big guys and I have not met a John Deere that I didn't like.Dealerships and service is a big part of your purchase without a doubt but resale is also a consideration too.I know I didn't tell you anything but I did not ever want you to buy anything without at least wondering what I was talking about.Ron G
I have to second what Ron said, The small John Deere (450-700) dozers are hard to beat in doing trim/fine grading. I'd take a Deere over a cat any day at that size. Personally, I have no experience with the Komatsu dozer though.
I'll give a good recommendation for Komatsu. I've ran nearly every model from 39 to 155. Never wished for more on any of them except the old 68P that Dad and I had. But, it's 25 yrs old and 13,000 hours too. I've never ran a 37, but if a new one is anything like a 51PX-22, I don't know how you couldn't like it. We rented a D6K a couple weeks ago, and I did not really care for it.
I would look at Deere first. currently have a 700j and really like it. Komatsu would be my 2nd choice, they make a nice dozer also. I have a buddy that has had 2-3 of them and had good reliability with them.
it would be a shootout between the deere 700lgp and 51px,like the lgp, real good for topsoiling,tracks the work in really nice when topsoil is clumpy
go demo a komatsu, the balance and visibilty are unmatched.
Komatsu has the d37 exi that has the built in topcon grade system, if you guys run gps