I am only a bit familiar with the pegson range of track crushing equipment and got curious about the extec tracked crushers specifically the c12.. Does anyone know for certain the gross weight of these machines? Are they direct jaw drive? Are they all hydraulic drive other than that? Who's jaw is on the plant? Or is it a track mobile only jaw like the pegson! If you own or work on one how is the support from dealers and aftermarket? Please answer any or all of the questions...........TIO
Done quite a lot on these. One of my old customers ran them. He had a few c10s and c12s. I stand to be corrected on my answers but here goes: Full hydraulic drive. You can get jaws from various companies dependant in what you are putting through. (At least you can here in the uk) Think the weight varies dependant on age. Seem to recall early units had deutz units and later cat units. I would say in the region of 45ton. Dealer support, direct from sandvik, (again here in the uk) was really good. Had problems from time to time but we're put right with no fuss. There are some things which are not so good but overall I really rate these machines. They are a good old fashioned crusher, go on forever and super simple. I believe the sandvik qj340 and 341 are based on the later c12.
simonsrplant, thanks for the info..............TIO
Pleased to help where I can. :drinkup
Keep posting Extec crusher info here for all models I am going to start another one for Pegsons........TIO
Extec, years ago the service off Extec was "Total Pants" I have many Horror tales of their crap, even the Lady on the phone exchange was a total bitch, she once cut off my enquiry due to "Her Mate calling on her Mobile" anyhow the clock of life ticks on, Sandvik bought Extec and realy tried hard to correct the crap that Extec had managed to become fluent in, it must have been a lot of hard work 24-7 to move onwards for the new staff, the earlier top line crushers were called Mega Bite's, these had the usual single toggle type crushing unit with spacer plates to adjust the jaw size and both jaw plates located with top wedge locks held with bolts, the toggle was like a grid (Drain Cover) in its construction, the drive was via Deutz V6 1015 series engine and Kawasaki pumps and motor for the main functions, the flywheels driven from the motor by Vee belts (8) just about everything on the crusher would break fall off or knacker up so the spanner work was a good earner. The more up to date job is called the C12 and C12+ the build is better in lots of areas, 1 being the back beam as its a pucker bit of iron now, not a welded up thing that cracks in half and are pigs to change (I have done 2) the jaw plates are mounted with the moving jaw held in place with the old top wedge setup like the Mega Bite, but the still jaw is held in place with 2 hidden wedge plates and no toe grip, people tell me they can get these plates off in 1/2 hour but I know they are talking crap, as they are pigs to strip, the moving jaw is simple with just 2 bolts to get out, but the still plate needs the big wash out to get the impacted muck out from the hidden wedge plates, they have fitted a push off ram to help the task (useless) also you need the fancy lifting needles to handle the jaw plates, the better engine is the Deutz over the CAT due to the costings when they fail, I am stripping a C12 down now and have bits scattered all over the site, I will post a few snaps in the shop talk area. tctractors
TCT, thanks for the stories. Can't wait to see the pictures!....TIO