Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Extenda Hoe grease

davidd ยท 2010-01-17 20:48

I keep grease on my extenda hoe slide. Thats what the operators manual says to do. However it seems to be a sand and dirt magnet. Do you or not use grease on your slider? How would a dry graphite lubricant do? Thanks, David d.

Replies6
  1. #1tuney4432010-01-17 22:13

    I only use Schaeffer's extreme pressure with moly on my slides.I used to use the brush on dry graphite,but it seemed like it wasn't lasting as long.I also used a slurry mix of the 2 a few times.I don't think there's really an answer for the dust.

  2. #2Ando2010-01-18 18:10

    What type of hoe is it? If you've got teflon graphite slides, I would think that no grease would be the way to go. Putting grease on, will collect dirt and turn into a grinding paste. Graphite bushes are self lubricating; they will wear slightly when new and form a glaze on the surface.

  3. #3davidd2010-01-18 19:43

    It is a JD 310c. The operaters manual says to use a GP grease. I do not think they are teflone, just steel.

  4. #4Ando2010-01-18 21:56

    OK, if they are steel slides, you will definately need to lube them.

  5. #5Bigstevex42010-01-22 16:23

    waxol or waxoil its an undercoating for cars works good and dosnt collect dirt. think is what jcb used to recomend

  6. #6bill onthehill2010-01-23 05:35

    I have always used the dry graphite in a spray bomb. You can get it at NAPA or a good farm store. Just keep a light coat on it and renew after using the exhoe a lot. It does not let the gritty stuff stick to it.