Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Extendahoe sliders lubrication

Deon ยท 2013-08-20 20:04

Do you guys lubricate the nylon sliders? If so, with what? Mine makes sqeaking noises. I have not been using lube. I've got the old type stick with the inner section on the bucket end and I don't want the dirt to stick to the stick. LOL.

Replies6
  1. #1mitch5042013-08-21 20:27

    On my Case the inner section is on the stick end, I lube it with the same grease I use on the pins, as per my manual.

  2. #2Dad52013-08-23 18:28

    Use spray on graphite. It leaves a dry black film that doesn't attract dirt. Cat sells it but I'm sure you can get it other places as well.

  3. #3leisureexpress2013-08-23 18:33

    Also known as "DFL" - dry film lubricant

  4. #4sr-oz2013-08-23 23:52

    I use moly grease on mine. Seems to work o.k.

  5. #5LT-x72013-08-24 14:32

    I also use the dry graphite spray, no dirt sticks to it. I use the Napa brand, kind of expensive, but I love the stuff.

  6. #6Deon2013-08-25 00:01

    Thanks for all the replays. I'm going to check Cat and Napa for this stuff.