Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

extending the vplow another 3 ft

jbarry ยท 2015-03-28 20:35

This v-plow by Horst is just barely wide enough to clear the tracks when in the straight position. And when in the scoop/V positions its nowhere near sufficient. So I'm having a local welder add 18inches to each side this week. I did take into consideration the trip edge but I decided to just have the welder weld it all together. When its built I'll add more pictures. Comments welcomed.

Replies3
  1. #1bigbob2015-03-28 21:02

    Be sure to wear your seatbelt if you weld the trip edge! I would recommend that, you may damage something if you stop short.

  2. #2Canadian_digger2015-03-29 09:17

    You could probably leave the trip function on the inside and have the extensions solid. At least part of the blade would trip

  3. #3jbarry2015-03-29 10:37

    I'm only going to use this to push snow and *maybe* a bit of gravel once in a while for the driveway. I'm no engineer but I'm assuming the most stress will be at the outer blade edge. I did think of leaving it solid and not touching the trip edge. But that would leave the new part with only 18" on the outer edge. So I figure if it was welded to the trip edge it would provide some extra support.