Hi Guys, I've got a 2010 Cat 247B2 I've owned since new with 945 hrs on it, hydraulic quick coupler, heat and A/C. I've been thinking about trading it and wondered what it might be worth for trade value? The tracks and undercarriage are good and it's not all beat up.
You should talk to your dealer about that. Any numbers given on a forum would mean very little.
+2 on checking with your dealer. You can also look on machinery trader and see what others close to that condition are listed for, it would give you a ballpark idea anyway.
Been there done all of that and was just looking for another opinion. Looks like I'm in the market for a different dealer. I don't feel as if I need to finance their whole operation on one deal.
sounds like your dealing with HO Penn?
In the 30 to 35K range retail......trade in value is much lower. Knowing the dealer your probably working with I guess at 20 to 25K.....list it for a while and sell it then deal in cash. At the end of the day it your strongest buying position....and it's how you get your best deal. Compete dealers as well....people are always looking for clean, well cared for equipment.....good luck on your endeavors.
No .........
I understand all of that I've been at this a very long time, I just feel that a machine that is 25% wore out should be at least worth 50% of new on trade.
Never has worked that way and if you have been at this a long time you should have already known that. Trade values are based on two philosophies, what they can sell it for to make a profit or the most anyone else might give you for it to make a trade. Have you tried more than one dealer?
Agreed. It should at a minimum be worth 50 percent....
Coulda, shoulda, woulda has no leverage to force a dealer to give a trade value based on that proposition.
Not sure what you mean by this ?
I think is what he means is just because you think the dealer should give you more doesn't mean they have to give you more for it, if your not happy with them go somewhere else.
The CAT MTL's historically don't resale very well. They have value to the right guy in the right application, but their reputation for high maintenance costs precedes them.