I have a Case 580c and doing a complete brake rebuild. So far so good. But, I've run into a part issue that isn't referenced in the service manual. Specifically, the Slave Cylinders both have an extra rubber boot around the push rod. Apparently used to keep dust and dirt out. There is no mention of the part in the service manual. Does anyone know anything about this? Is it needed? Perhaps it was an add on by previous mechanic/owner. Any comments would be very welcome. I don't know if I should be concerned about this. Thanks very much in advance. Pictures of the boot in place are attached. Murray Bady
Sorry everyone, I found the part number in an online Service Manual (AVSpare..) part A41490. My paper Service Manual simply doesn't show it at all. It omits it totally. Go figure? Thanks
Superseded by part 1348801c1. Very costly to get in Canada ($65 USD each) . Just under $300 for two, (includes shipping from Case to Dealer, and shipping to me. Same price more or less if shipped from the States to Canada. Ouch!
These can probably be gotten from a hydraulic brake parts supplier for much cheaper
The parts book shows only one boot. Here is a link to the Parts Book The part number you have isn't the one in the parts book. Item #30
Thank you very much. My hard copy manual doesn't show item 25. Item 25 is the boot that is shown in the attached pictures, and rests below item #30 the slave cylinder in the online schematic you referred me to. www.mycnhistore.com price is $6.34 (that will save me a big pile of money....) Don't know how I got the part numbers mixed up. Thanks so much!
Call Dale Wiess. You will be glad you did. Contact Us : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce Zen Cart! : Contact Us - KIT PIN BALL O-RING WASHER PLUG SCREW NEEDLE RING SPRING VALVE BEARING GASKET LOCK BOLT COVER NUT SHIM PLATE SLEEVE SEAL STUD RIVIT ROLLER FITTING KEY CAP SPACER BRACKET FTTING U-CUP BULB WIPER GROMMET HOSE CHAIN BUSHING TEE BLADE BELT KNIFE BALL, 3/4 Steel BEARING - 10... e-backhoeparts.com